Sunday, November 9, 2014

Welcome to my little blog!!

Welcome to my little blog!!!

This is the afghan that inspired me to start blogging about my crochet projects.  So many of my Facebook friends asked me to start teaching classes so I thought I might start a blog with tutorials, patterns, project ideas, and just crochet love.  
This afghan is just classic granny squares in 100% cotton with a wide border in browns and creams.  I'll post a better picture of the finished project a little later.  Sometimes I find cotton hard to work with as it tends to feel "stiff" to me.  Of course, my horrible carpal tunnel doesn't help.  But this pretty blanket is SO heavy and SO warm and SO cozy, I will gladly work with cotton in the future.  

My current project is a granny stripe using Stylecraft Special DK from Lucy at Attic24 and if you haven't checked out her wonderful blog, you really should!!!  She's a crochet GENIUS!!!!!

Well, I have some cleaning to do before the games start, and I'm sitting entirely too close to my current work in progress.  If I don't get up now, I will set my laptop down and pick up my project and get absolutely NO cleaning done!!!

Lots of Love,

Aunt Lala

No comments:

Post a Comment